JBL TestLab Marine Test Case
Professional test case for exact marine water analysis
TestLab Marine test case Determines: pH value, carbonate hardness, calcium, magnesium, copper, ammonium, nitrite, nitrate, phosphate, silicate and oxygen.
- Monitors the water values in marine aquariums simply and reliably. Determines: pH value, carbonate hardness, calcium, magnesium, copper, ammonium, nitrite, nitrate, phosphate, silicate, oxygen
- Easy to use: add water to cuvette, add indicator, compare on scale / count drops until colour changes
- Comparator system takes the inherent water colouring into account. Incl. water analysis report sheets & pen
- Childproof reagent bottles, waterproof plastic case, refill reagents separately available
- Package contents: 1 test case, incl. 29 reagents, 12 glass vials, 2 plastic cuvettes, 2 syringes, 3 measuring spoons, thermometer, pen, report sheets and analysis sheet, laboratory comparator system & detailed instruction for use
The right water values are dependent on the fish stock and the plants in the aquarium. Bad values can cause diseases or algae in the aquarium. To maintain a healthy aquarium with conditions close to nature it is important to check and adapt the water values regularly. With JBL water tests you can determine all relevant water values quickly, easily and very precisely.
The following tests are available for marine water:
pH test: acidity of the water from 7.4 to 9.0
O2 test: determination of the oxygen content
KH test: pH stability of the water (carbonate hardness)
PO4 test: determination of the phosphate content (reason for algae growth and plant nutrient).
Test NH4 / NH3: indication of non-toxic ammonium, determination of the toxic ammonia using table.
NO2 test: determination of nitrogen compound nitrite, which is toxic for the fish
NO3-Test: determination of the nitrate content (reason for algae growth and plant nutrient).
Cu Test: heavy metal deadly for invertebrates. Also important for adjusting the therapeutic dose of medications.
SiO2 test: determination of the silicates (silicic acid) as cause for diatoms
Ca test: determination of the calcium content in marine aquariums. Should be between 400 and 440 mg/l for healthy coral growth.
Mg/Ca test: determination of magnesium and calcium content in marine water aquariums. The magnesium content should be between 1200 and 1600 mg/l. During the procedure, first the Mg content is tested and then the Ca content. Subsequently, the value of the Ca content is subtracted from the Mg content and this is then the actual Mg content of the water.
More details on this product, including full instructions, can be found HERE.