JBL Carbonate Hardness (KH) Test Kit
Carbonate Hardness test kit to quickly and accurately determine the carbonate hardness (KH) in freshwater/marine aquariums and ponds.
- Simple and reliable monitoring of the water values in aquariums and ponds. Determines the ideal carbonate hardness in fresh and marine water
- Colour change test: fill plastic cuvette with sample water, add reagent drop by drop until colour changes from blue to yellow. Number of drops = level of carbonate hardness
- When to use: daily in the first week in newly set up aquariums, afterwards once a week
- You will find detailed information and troubleshooting tips about water analysis on the JBL website in Essentials/Aquarium or Pond
- Package contents: 1 KH quick test, incl. one reagent and plastic cuvette. Reagent refill separately available
The right water values are dependent on the fish stock and the plants in the aquarium/pond. Even if the water looks clear it can be contaminated. With bad values diseases or algae can appear in the aquarium/pond. To maintain a healthy aquarium/pond with conditions close to nature it is important to check and adapt the water values regularly.
For each water analysis JBL provides water tests in the form of quick tests or colour change tests. These determine a certain value or several values in one go. With these water tests you can recognise algae problems and negative nitrate, nitrite, potassium, magnesium values etc.
Why test Carbonate Hardness?
The well-being of aquarium and pond dwellers and the healthy growth of aquatic plants depend to a large extent on the KH level being kept as constant as possible. The carbonate hardness is one of the most important water values since it keeps the pH level stable. The KH should never drop below 4 °dKH.
JBL Online Laboratory
Regular control for a healthy aquarium/pond with conditions close to nature. Enter your water values into the JBL Online Laboratory and get an in-depth analysis of your values within seconds.
Recommended KH values:
Freshwater aquarium (community aquarium): 5-12 °dKH
Lake Malawi/Lake Tanganyika aquarium: 7-20 °dKH
Plant aquarium with few fish (aquascaping): 3-8 °dKH
Marine aquarium: 7-10 °dKH
Pond: 7-10 °dKH
Test Kit, Test Refill