Crazy Fish (Butis butis)
- Tank Size: The minimum recommended tank size for Crazy Fish, Butis Butis is 75 gallons. However, a larger tank would be better for these fish, as they require ample swimming space.
- Water Temperature: The ideal water temperature range for these fish is between 75°F to 80°F (24°C to 27°C).
- Water Quality: These fish require clean and well-oxygenated water, so regular water changes are essential. A filtration system should be installed to maintain water quality.
- Diet: Butis Butis are carnivores and should be fed a varied diet of live or frozen foods such as bloodworms, brine shrimp, and small fish.
- Tank Decor: These fish require hiding places, so it is important to provide a tank with plenty of plants, caves, and other structures.
- Compatibility: Butis Butis are territorial and aggressive towards other fish. They should be kept alone or in pairs in a tank.
Australian Distribution: Butis Butis are found in the tropical and subtropical regions of Northern Australia.
Habitat: These fish inhabit freshwater streams, rivers, and creeks, as well as brackish waters.
Interesting Facts: Butis Butis are also known as the “crazy fish” because of their erratic swimming behavior. They can jump out of the water to catch insects, making them an excellent predator in the wild. They have a unique ability to change color depending on their mood and environment.